Our secrets for white teeth, sweet breath, and a beautiful smile from within.
“A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear.” – Unknown
a pretty smile is def one of the most beautiful things about a girl, and we think the prettiest smiles come from bein’ healthy and happy. so forget the chemicals, the white strips, and bein’ dependant on gum… we’ve got some natural ways to help you get kissable and sparkly!
what to eat…
- crunchy stuff – crunchy, fiber rich fruits & veggies. eat ’em. why? the crunching and the fiber put together clean food and bacteria out of your teeth to reduce stains. they also produce more saliva in your mouth …which rinses away the plaque that makes breath stinky :D. the ones to eat… apples, pears, carrots, celery, and jicama.
- vitamin c’s – vitamin c foods help repair damaged oral tissue, prevent infection, and prevent bacteria growth. basically, they hook you up with healthy gums, and healthy gums is where shiny teeth start! our fav’s… berries, melons, citrus fruits, broccoli, tomatoes.
- breath freshening herbs – fresh parsley, cilantro, and mint help decrease odors caused by a buildup of bacteria.
- plain organic probiotic yogurt – the stinky stuff that causes bad breath inside the mouth is called hydrogen sulfide. yogurt reduces hydrogen sulfide in the mouth, so it reduces odor! the good bacteria in yogurt also balances your digestion, and bad breath can actually start in your digestion, so yogurt gets to the root of it all.
what to drink…
- lemon and mint water – water in general is cleansing, lemon gets ya more of the vitamin c, lemon juice cleanses toxins, and mint freshens breath.
- pineapple juice – the enzymes break down toxins and freshen breath.
- liquid chlorophyll – liquid chlorophyll deodorizes the body from the inside out and makes your breath minty.
what to take…
- cod liver oil – we know, gross. but cod liver oil has been known to actually make teeth healthier from the root by remineralizing them. healthier teeth = whiter, stronger, prettier.
what to brush with…
- baking soda – mix baking soda with water to make a paste and the baking soda breaks down and removes surface stains.
- xyliwhite – xyliwhite is all natural, flouride-free, and it whitens with baking soda and freshens with mint.
what to rinse with…
- natural dentist – natural dentist uses herbs and natural ingredients to keep your teeth and gums super healthy.
- hydrogen peroxide – hydrogen peroxide naturally bleaches teeth, so mix some in some water and swish it around and spit it out just like mouthwash.
what to avoid…
- coffee and cigarettes – these are obvious, but they do stain your teeth, soooo just a lil’ reminder ;).
“If you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” – Roald Dahl
they say that happiest girls are the prettiest, and we have to 2nd that. we believe that the energy we hold actually affects our physical being. so if we fill ourselves with kindness, self-love, confidence, and positive thoughts, then we glow. and when you shine a light from the inside out, you become magnetic and beautiful.